Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Tuesday and I forgot to post!

Well Dear Friends,
 I let Monday slip by without posting Most Delish Dish Monday! I thought about it yesterday morning... OK, I didn't think about it, but I have a reminder set on my phone so I don't forget- except at 10:00 am I wasn't ready to post, and dismissed the reminder, thus I forgot. So, here you have it, a day late but still just as yummy, Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream. This recipe is from my grandmother, Dorothy Lou.... I am so in love with them. So delish, and actually packed with veggies... icing free they could be pretty good for you!!...??


For the Cupcakes:
1 ¾ cup sugar
½ c soft butter
½ c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ c. buttermilk
2¼ c. flour
8 tbsp cocoa
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. grated zucchini (not peeled)
1  c. chocolate chips

Cream sugar, butter and oil together. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk, beat with mixer. Mix together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Beat well. Stir in zucchini and 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into cupcake pans. Bake @ 350 degrees 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.


For the Icing:
2 sticks, plus 4 Tbsp. butter, unsalted
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter until fluffy- approximately three minutes. Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Add dry mixture to creamed butter, adding milk 1 Tbsp. at a time. Add vanilla and mix until fluffy.


These are AWESOME out of the refrigerator... Happy vegging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment