Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day

So yesterday my husband and I celebrated our Valentine's Day, since this year it falls on a Tuesday. We're not your generic, usual Valentine'e Day people who go out for dinner and I get flowers and chocolate and he gets... well, I don't know what he would get. Are there "generic and usual" Valentine's gifts for guys? Hmm...

Anyway, We like to make homemade gifts, from the heart. So... I made him "The Game of Love". See picture below.

Picture stolen from blog where you can find instructions for this: The Real Housewives of Bucks County

I also got him two small gifts. I got him stones for a hot stone massage. My hair dresser sells them- they give you a hot stone massage after your shampoo- AMAZING. The other gift I won't share :)

I, on the other hand, got the best Valentine's Day gift EVER... half a dozen cupcakes! And a homemade card and a beautiful bouquet of flowers (I  know I said earlier that we don't do generic and usual... but flowers aren't usually part of the Valentine's Day present!). 

You see, I have an obsession... which I think I disclosed on a post a few months ago... with ICED by Betsy cupcakes. She makes, by far, the best cupcakes I have ever had. And I have had ALOT of cupcakes in my 27 years! Lucky for me she's local and I get to enjoy her cupcakes at the local farmers markets and a few select small businesses in the area. She currently is trying to get a $25,000 business grant via intuit... vote for her HERE!

One of my cupcakes. This one is called "The Southern Belle" It's red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream... YUM! Yes... I ate it for breakfast this morning... I started out with half a dozen cupcakes yesterday, my husband ate one, and now I only have one left... you do the math!


My beautiful flowers and adorable card!






I hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment