Monday, August 22, 2011


I need to share this recipe with all of my (maybe 3) blog readers :) I just wouldn't feel like a good blog-hostess if I didn't!

I made this recipe last weekend after having a craving for something with peanut butter and chocolate. But I didn't just want something with this fabulous combination, I wanted something decadent too! Let me introduce you to my new favorite brownie: Peanut Butter Cup Brownies. These are everything a girl could ask for... or any man that likes peanut butter and chocolate! I suggest refrigerating them... it makes them extra good!




Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Brownie:
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Filling:
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup honey
Ganache:
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • 4 tbsp. butter
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and toothpick comes out not quite clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Peanut Butter Filling: Stir together peanut butter and honey. Spread over cooled brownies.
Ganache: Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. This should only take 1-2 minutes. Pour evenly over brownies and spread carefully. Cool on counter or in refrigerator until set.
I found this recipe where else... FOODGAWKER!! It is from a blog called Becky Bakes. Check out her other yummy dishes by following the hyperlink :) I changed the recipe just a tad to include less butter and they were still amazing!
ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment