Friday, August 19, 2011

New and Improved

Well, Hello. I believe it's been about two months since the last time I posted. That was right about the time I also said I needed to start blogging more often!

Alot has happened in that time, including the summer flying by...

I closed The Baking Bar at the beginning of this month. It was my choice, prompted by the fact that when I decided to make everything official, I, in the process found out that I couldn't get a permit to bake out of my home from the Deparment of Health because I have a dog. I was a little perturbed by this. The inspectors explanation was that if I had a cat it could jump out of the litter box and on to the counter. Now, as much as I like to think my little Lily is as clean as can be I realize she still rolls in the grass and probably steps in dog excretions. However, she can't get up onto the counters and she doesn't shed either. I think for that reason I should have been an exception to this rule! Oh well, it looks like now I will just have to blog about my delicious recipes and share them with you! That is what inspired me to create Most Delish Dish Mondays. Every Monday, I will share with you one of the delicious dishes I've made recently. Get ready to salivate.

I also decided to close Le Bebe Nest. There are millions of baby focused stores out on etsy and I really wasn't getting anywhere with my baby items. However, I still love to create things for little ones. So, I decided to change the look and feel of my store and create a new generic name that will allow me to focus on whatever I want, rather than being stuck in the category of baby items due to my shop name. You will still see some of the baby items offered on Le Bebe Nest in my new store, Elizabeth Lou and Company . I will be shifting from the variety of baby items you saw in Le Bebe Nest to nursery related items... at least for now, until I find another fun thing to make :) I so enjoy making baby quilts. They can be absolutely adorable and the end product is always worth the hard work!


I will be working endlessly for the next couple of weeks to get Elizabeth Lou and Company on it's feet. So many things to order (cutomized tags, packaging materials, buisness cards...), so many things to take pictures of and post on my etsy shop and of course lots of sewing and crafting to do to fill up my shop! If any of you mommies out there have any ideas of things you would like to see in my shop, please let me know and I will certainly take your thoughts into consideration!

Well, I think this post has grown long enough...

Until Monday (I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment