Thursday, December 27, 2012

Does chocolate make you lactate?

 Well... not exactly. However, while researching ways to increase my milk supply (I will be going back to work in a couple of weeks and wanted to have some to freeze for when I'm gone) I came across this recipe for "lactation cookies". They contain some special ingredients: Brewers Yeast and Flaxseed meal to help with lactation. I was skeptical, but who wouldn't love an excuse to eat cookies all day!?

I found the original recipe at Simply Real Moms, you can check it out here: RECIPE

My version is below, with just a few tweaks.


Ingredients
  • 3/4 c butter
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 4 T water
  • 2 T flaxseed meal (DO NOT substitute)
  • 2 Large eggs
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 2 c flour
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 t salt
  • 2 T Brewers Yeast (DO NOT substitute)3 c Thick cut oats
  • 1 c Dark Chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes.
  3. Cream butter and sugar.
  4. Add eggs.
  5. Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla.
  6. Beat until well blended.
  7. Sift: dry ingredients, except oats and choc chips.
  8. Add butter mix to dry ingredients.
  9. Stir in the oats and then the chocolate chips.
  10. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto baking sheet.
  11. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment