My version is below, with just a few tweaks.
- 3/4 c butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 4 T water
- 2 T flaxseed meal (DO NOT substitute)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 T Brewers Yeast (DO NOT substitute)3 c Thick cut oats
- 1 c Dark Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Sift: dry ingredients, except oats and choc chips.
- Add butter mix to dry ingredients.
- Stir in the oats and then the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.