Monday, December 31, 2012

On this New Year's Eve...

I usually don't make New Year's resolutions, or if I do they are more or less the same as everyone else's: eat healthier and workout more often!

This past year, however, lots has changed and I want to make 2013 an amazing and exciting year! So, I have decided to set some New Year's resolutions and share them with you to keep me accountable ;)

1. Complete a 30 day photo challenge and blog about it- and just blog. more.



2. Learn the ins and outs of Lightroom (I already know it fairly well) and start to tackle Photoshop Elements (this one is scary, as I just received it for xmas and have been playing around. I will admit, I am super overwhelmed!). Also, to keep snapping photos and improving my camera skills. All this is in the hopes to someday call myself a "professional photographer"... that's kind of three resolutions in one,  but who's keeping track.



3. Take time to stop and smell the roses. Sometimes I get caught up in the day to day, especially now with a little one. I'm all about sticking to the routine and making sure we get things done as efficiently and timely as possible. Sometimes I forget to stop and breathe and enjoy- with her and everyone, including my handsome husband who reminds me to slow down every once in a while.



4. Be energized and motivated! As much as I enjoyed being a stay-at-home Mama, and am sad to start work next week, I'm hoping going back re-energizes me. I have been living in sweats for the last nine weeks, not being able to workout until two weeks ago, not getting a shower until 8pm when the hubs returns home, leaving the house uncleaned because I just don't have the energy or motivation and eating like crap, because I can.



5. This one kind of goes with resolution #4, but get fit and healthy! I will admit, I am not a healthy eater. I would eat carbs and sweets all day everyday if my husband wasn't around.  I also don't like working out, but when I do... I feel marvelous. Not to mention that since being pregnant and giving birth I have lost ALOT of strength, so much so that I used to be able to do 20 push-ups and at 7 weeks postpartum, couldn't even do one because my abs were so weak! I was appalled that I  had to do the girly version with my knees on the ground. Ugh. Nothing like starting from the beginning!





What are your New Year's resolutions? Let's make 2013 a great one! Cheers and be safe!!





No comments:

Post a Comment