Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Remembering... don't forget.

Memory is a funny thing. Some people can recall everything, including things that occurred when they were just three years old. Other people, like me, can't remember what they had for breakfast yesterday. Literally. If I think really, really hard, I might recall.

When I found out I was pregnant, I knew I wanted a way to document moments in Everleigh's life that I would undoubtedly forget. I saw the below idea on Pinterest and loved it. I snatched up a fruit basket from my parents house and bought index cards but never got around to actually making it.

Find the how-to Here

Kyle kept asking my if I was going to get in gear and make it so that we could start documenting things. I mean she is two months and six days already!

So, last week, while looking at sales on one of the websites I frequent, I came across this "One Line a Day" journal. It is basically a five year memory book, where you can document the goings on of life. I decided to take the lazy route and just buy this. It was only $16 at Amazon.


I'm happy to report it arrived on New Year's Eve and we started documenting on January 1, 2013. The first entry included how old she was on that day and the tidbit that she was a very cranky little girl in the evening! Not a great way to start off the year, but so far today she's making up for it by being extra adorable and talking to her favorite little yellow lion that hangs from her play gym :)

This is from yesterday:


Hope you all had a great start to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment