I first saw this recipe on Pinterest. I thought it sounded interesting, and delicious! K and I made it last weekend for dinner and with a few tweaks to the recipe we thoroughly enjoyed it!
Interestingly, I came across "Slim-cados" in the grocery store when I was looking for avocados for the recipe. Apparently, they have 35% less fat than regular avocados. They are also much larger. They were quite acceptable for the dish that I made, but I wouldn't suggest them for something, such as, guacamole. They lack the buttery richness of a regular avocado (just about right for a "healthy" version of something!).
You can find the original recipe here, at Cuisine Paradise.
Here is my version:
(Really just a different avocado and no sauce!)
2 Chicken Breast Fillets, halved lengthways
1/2 Cup Plain Flour
2 Tablespoons Fresh Milk
1 1/2 Cups Dried Breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil/Cooking Spray
1 Slim-cado, Sliced
1/2 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Mixed greens, to serve
Method:1. Place chicken breast in a clear plastic bag(alternatively between 2 sheets plastic wrap), using a rolling pin or meat mallet pound until 0.5cm thick.
2. Place flour and breadcrumbs on two separate plate and lightly whisk milk and egg together in a shallow bowl.
3. Coat 1 piece of chicken breast in flour(shaking off excess), dip in egg mixture then coat in breadcrumbs using your fingertips pressing on to secure.
4. Place on prepared baking tray lay with foil or baking paper, repeat the same process with the remaining chicken breast with flour, egg and etc.
5. Lightly spray or brush the prepared chicken with oil, bake for 8 minutes(turning after 4 minutes to have evenly colours on the breadcrumbs) in preheated 390 degrees F oven.
6. Remove from oven and arrange avocado slices over chicken and sprinkle with decent amount of mozzarella cheese.
7. Return to oven and bake for another 5 - 7 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve with mixed greens