Monday, April 25, 2011

UGH!

I was so ready for the rain to be over and the sun to be out... but this humidity is killing me! It's hot and humid, but I don't want to turn on the AC since the weather is so unpredictable at this stage in the season. Oh well, at least my garden is enjoying it!! I just planted my strawberries and beans today. Perhaps a bit too early... but hopefully the weather will continue to be warm.
So, for Easter I usually make my caramel apple crunch pie, but this year I found a new recipe I wanted to try. Strawberry Shortcake cookies- I found the recipe on Bakegirl.

They were as delicious as I had hoped! They taste just like strawberry shortcake (ya know- the kind you make out of the box). However, they need to be eaten pretty much as soon as they are baked-even just hours later they aren't as good- the fresh strawberries are what make them delicious, but also make them quite gooey the longer they sit. Perhaps next time I'll try refrigerating them ;)

May is quickly approaching. That means crazy sleep schedules for work (getting up at 3am to have an hour drive, and get there an hour before screenings start to get everything set up). This is the first year I'm taking part in the health screenings, but I imagine I'm going to be low on energy. So, I'm trying to get as much done for Le Bebe Nest as I can before all of that starts, since my first craft show is on June 11th! I'm quite excited for it. I've hit up target and got some cute tin buckets for displays (thanks 50% off Easter sale!) and hit up the dollar store for a table cloth and some other random items. I've also been mass producing items like wipey cases, onesies, blankets and onesies to get ready for the show. Items to be posted shortly on etsy!


YUMM...


<3 CW

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine,
    These cookies look lovely! I wanted to leave a response to your question on my blog here, in case you didn't see the response on my blog. I currently use a Canon Rebel XS, it is a basic entry level DSLR. I also invested in a couple of better quality lenses, as the kit lens that comes with the camera is just average. I shoot most of my food photos with a 50mm 1.8 lens. It is really affordable and gives beautiful pictures with nice bokeh (blurry background). For your needs, I would suggest buying the camera body only, then put the extra money towards a nicer lens, and ditch the kit lens package. I hope this helps!

    Thank you so much for your kind comment:)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete