Monday, September 26, 2011

Brownie Pops- filled with Peanut Butter


I know cake pops have become quite popular, but I don't know that I've ever seen any with filling... 



I was in the mood for brownies, and when I decided to make brownie pops dipped in chocolate for a dinner party I shared the thought with my husband. My brother-in-law was nearby and added "filled with peanut butter!". He loves chocolate and peanut butter. After his comment.... I thought... hmmm.... why not fill them with peanut butter? So that's what I did! However I didn't dip them in chocolate (I thought that would be chocolate overload. Wait, what?). Actually, I just didn't have time for the last decadent step!

Peanut Butter Filling:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mix together until able to form a ball without sticking to hands. You may need to add more powdered sugar or peanut butter.

Assembly:
1) Make brownies- any kind will do. 
2) Make peanut butter filling using recipe above and roll into 1" balls. You may have to rinse off your hands every once in awhile. After balls are formed place in freezer until step 3 is complete.
2) Cut brownies into 2" squares, after cutting all of the hard edges off. 
3) Use a large cookie sheet for assembly. Roll brownie dough in hands to form a ball- break brownie ball in half and push thumb in the middle to make space for the peanut butter ball. Repeat this until squares are gone.
4) Take half of a brownie ball- place peanut butter ball in space made with thumb. Top with other brownie ball half.
5) Pinch and smooth edges where joined. Roll to smooth.
6) Add a stick if you'd like.... and dip them in chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment