Friday, September 30, 2011

Poor Little Lil

What a stressful couple of days. Last night my little Lily love got her thumbnail (?) caught in her collar- at least I think that's what happened. We were playing, and then all of a sudden she came walking over to me and crawled on my lap. Then she started licking my hand and when I looked down there was blood everywhere! I didn't know if it was from her or me at first. Then I noticed that it was her nail. I couldn't see much because of all of her fur and blood. From what I could see it looked like the nail was split and almost snapped off at the top. My wonderful husband helped me detain her and wrap her limb with gauze and tape, which luckily she left on overnight.

There is much more to this story, but to make it short, we ended up taking her to the vet this afternoon where they cut/ripped off the remaining nail and wrapped her paw. Below is the result:



My poor little love :( She's limping around the house... in a cute but sad way. They didn't give any pain meds or anitbiotics. I wish they would have, she is favoring it more now than she did when it first happened. Oh well, I suppose dogs have lived in the wild centuries ago and survived such injuries!

Also, last night the development directly behind my in-laws had four houses catch on fire. From what I heard and saw on the news the houses were mostly destroyed. Luckily there were no casualties, except possibly a dog and one person was sent to the local hospital for burns. Please keep these families in your thoughts. The cause is thought to have been a propane tank that blew up in one of the homes.

On a happier note, K(my hubs) and I are finally going back to Happy Valley! He graduated in '07 from Penn State and I followed him, after completing three years there, and then went on to nursing school. We have been wanting to go back and even made reservations once, but we never followed through. So, PSU HERE WE COME!

Until Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment