Sunday, October 16, 2011

DSLR Workshop

What a gorgeous fall weekend. Seriously the best weather we've had in a long time. This is my most favorite time of the year!

So, this weekend my brother and his girlfriend came to visit and she and I went to a photography workshop in Philly. It was the DSLR Workshop by Okello Dunkley. He is a very talented photographer who travels around the US (an I think world) performing these workshops... for those of us who are less talented :) Check out his website by clicking the image below. It was a pretty helpful class. It definitely was overwhelming and showed me that I need ALOT of practice!



I also learned that I need some great photo editing software. I have been relying on befunky.com and picnic.com for my photo editing because I don't want to shell out the bucks for lightroom or aperture. Alas, I think the time has soon come to do so.

I'll also need to invest in a bigger memory card because I will be shooting my images as RAW images as opposed to JPEG (this allows you more editing capabilities). As well as a 50mm f/1.8 lens so I can get a nice blur in the background when I take pictures of yummy dishes for my blog posts :)

As you can imagine, I have found some items to quickly fill up my christmas list! It was really awesome to learn the capabilities of my camera. "Auto" really limits what you can do with images... and next on the "no, no list" for taking good images is shooting in JPEG instead of RAW. Lots of learning and research coming up for me! If any of you want to get better photos, I would suggest the workshop. Living Social offers vouchers and coupons so if you aren't a member there, sign up and maybe you'll get lucky! (I had to pay full price). 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment