Monday, October 10, 2011

Pear and Jam Grilled Cheese

Bear with me... I know by the title you may be totally freaked out and think I'm crazy. But if you don't try this, YOU'RE CRAZY!!! Trust me... these sandwiches are delicious (and super simple to make)!


What You'll Need:
Fresh Bread (I usually use Italian)
Butter
Monterey jack cheese-two slices per sandwich
Pear- 1, sliced
Jam (I suggest one of the berry sort- I use my homemade strawberry/blueberry and that is yummy!)

1) Cut the amount of slices of bread you'll need to make the number of sandwiches needed. I usually cut my slices 1/2-3/4" thick.
2) Spread butter on one side of all slices of bread.
3) On the other side of slices, spread jam.
4) Place slices of pear and cheese on jam slathered sides of bread. Place jam sides together and then place in a heated pan.
5) Cook on medium for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until cheese is melted.

The great thing about this recipe is you can really make it your own. You can use different cheeses, fruits and jams, and you can use however much you want of each ingredient. My next combo to try: cheddar, apple and  bacon (no jam this time, but who needs it when you have cheddar, apple and bacon!)



Trust me... TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment