Monday, October 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie


I'm not sure which recipe to share with you this week... the ice cream pie  I promised from K's birthday or the awesome dinner he just made me! I found the recipe...but he made some tweaks and it was DELISH. I've had a super bad cold the last few days and so he wanted to make dinner for me. Awwww, so sweet :) I know, I'm a lucky girl. On the menu was chicken, spinach and goat cheese quesadillas. SO yummy. I'll have to post that recipe next week!

For now, let me explain the ice cream pie I made for the boys' birthday. I couldn't quite find a recipe I liked, so I made my own :)

Ingredients for one 8-10" pie:

1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
1/2-3/4 c. peanut butter
1/2 package of oreos
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1/2 jar hot fudge
Reeses peanut butter cups

Step 1. Crush Oreos finely (I usually use a ziplock and a polling pin) and then pour into a medium bowl. Add melted butter to oreo crumbs. Mix well, then press into an 8-10" pie plate. Let sit while preparing the ice cream.

Step 2. Using a mixer, combine ice cream and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.

Step 3. Add half of ice cream mixture to formed pie crust- spread to even out. Warm up hot fudge according to directions, then add 1/4 of the jar to the top of the peanut butter ice cream.

(I suggest putting it in the freezer for 20 min between these parts)

Step 4. Add remaining ice cream, followed by remaining hot fudge.

Step 5. Top with Reeses's

**NOTE: I had to let mine sit in the freezer between adding the two seperate layers of ice cream. For some reason, it takes a long time for the ice cream to set, and even after it has, it thaws super quick.

It's so worth it though! This pie is SO DELICIOUS and worth all of the soupy mess (seriously, it melted all down the frozen broccoli and ice cubes in my sister-in-law's freezer- OOPS!).

Also, I thought I would share the picture below from their cupcakes we made. Both of the boys got Apple products, so we decided this would be a cute, but cheesy give-away for their presents! We just made cupcakes and frosted them, then layed white fondant over it and then brushed it with silver shimmer dust. It wasn't a Duff masterpiece, but it got the job done!

Picture Stolen From: My Sister-in-Laws Facebook Page. Thanks LW <3

No comments:

Post a Comment