Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Belgian Chocolate Milkshakes

This recipe was inspired by a milkshake I had while visiting the Philadelphia Premium Outlets one sunny shopping day at the beginning of summer.

It was approaching lunchtime (11:15am) and I was getting hungry, when I came upon Haagen Dazs in my travels. I decided to stop in and see what they had to fill my desire for something sweet. The posters hanging in the window were quite alluring to a newly pregnant lady.

Once upon a time, milkshakes grossed me out... they still do if they're really thin. YUCK. I usually only stick to McDonald's shakes, but decided I would give Haagen Dazs a try. The cool part was that you can pick any flavors you wanted! This may be common knowledge to most other people... but I am new to the milkshake world. I decided to choose Cookies and Cream and Belgian Chocolate. It was TO DIE FOR! Absolutely delicious... with the small flecks of belgian chocolate, and the mixture of vanilla and chocolate was perfect (I don't like my chocolate shakes too chocolatey).



I was craving one a few weeks ago, but didn't feel like driving the 30 minutes to the outlets. So, I decided to make my own. I happen to know that Target carries a Belgian Chocolate ice cream by Archer Farms that is yummy. I prefer the version that is mixed with Madagascar Vanilla Bean, but they didn't have that on this particular evening. So, I just bought two half gallons. One of Belgian Chocolate and one of Cookies and Cream and came home and made my own!

Check out the recipe below:





Belgian Chocolate Milkshake





Ingredients:
3 scoops Archer Farms Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream
2 scoops Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
1 Tbsp + 1/4 tsp. Skim Milk

Instructions:
Add all to blender and mix.


*It will be somewhat difficult to get out the contents of the mixer. Like I said- I like my milkshakes thick.

*I tried the various settings on my kitchen aid mixer, but found that the lowest setting, "mix" worked the best. The higher I ran the mixer, the less smooth the milkshake was.

No comments:

Post a Comment