Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fooling around with Fill Light

Well once again... I apologize for the time that has gone by since my last post! We had a busy, stressful week and my mind has been more than preoccupied.

I have also been spending alot of time educating myself about photography- mainly lighting at the moment and have learned some amazing things!

Did you know that a simple, white, poster board can totally change a picture? I learned that the purpose of this is to fill in the shadows in a picture. You simply hold it up to the object or subject (opposite the sunlight). Check out the pictures below to see the difference!

No poster board (light was coming from the right- see the dark shadows on the left of his face). By the way- this is my handsome husband, who was nice enough to be my model :)



Poster Board (I placed it as close as I could to the left side of his face- this bounced the light from the window on the left, on to his face). AMAZING!!



No Poster Board


Poster Board!



photos taken with Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens

No comments:

Post a Comment