recipe from: sugarcooking.blogspot.com
Chicken, Spinach, Goat Cheese Quesadilla
- Flour Tortillas
- Chicken (cooked and sliced)
- Garlic (1 tsp., minced)
- Baby Spinach (1 pre packaged bag)
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Goat Cheese (4 oz, crumbled)
- Reduced Fat Shredded Monterey Jack
- Non-Stick cooking spray or olive oil
- Heat the spinach with the garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper over medium-low heat in a pan until just wilted. Remove from heath and set aside.
- Heat the grill pan (or regular pan) over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil. Toast the inside of the tortilla for about 30 seconds.
- Take the tortilla off the grill pan and assemble as follows. Over half the quessadilla sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of monterey jack cheese, following by a few slices of chicken, then the spinach, then the crumbled goat cheese.
- Add to the grill pan and cook for about 1 - 2 minutes. Carefully use a spatula to flip the empty half of the tortilla onto the loaded half. At this point I like to let the quesadilla cook for about 30 more seconds, then flip it over. Give it another 1 -2 minutes, then remove from the pan and enjoy!