Monday, January 2, 2012

Pizzokie?

I am a HUGE fan of warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies served in a dish with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! I'm recalling a certain dessert I had at my local "neighborhood grill",  that was served in a hot skillet with ice cream on top. It was TO DIE FOR!! 


Recently, I've been seeing a lot of recipes for a "Pizzokie". According to the Urban Dictionary, a "Pizzokie is a:


Pizza-cookie; a dessert served at a resturaunt called BJ's a big cookie, best with ice cream on top.

I of course had to try one of these recipes for myself! I found this recipe, where else, but on Pinterest! The original recipe is from www.whiteonricecouple.com. I of course adapted my own version below. I cut the recipe in half, which made 6 servings.... we don't need 12 of these things in our house!


Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe

Ingredients
3/8 c. (6Tbsp)  Light Brown Sugar
3/8 c. + 1T (7 Tbsp) Granulated Sugar
1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted Butter
1 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp.  Baking Soda
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips


4″ ramekins (or other small baking dish)
Vanilla Ice Cream

Preheat oven to 375° F (350° for convection ovens)
1. Beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
2. Sift together the flour and baking soda.  Stir into batter, then add chocolate chips and stir until well mixed.

3. Fill ramekins 1/2″ deep with raw cookie dough.  Place ramekins on sheet pan and put in middle rack of oven.  Bake 12-18 min., or until top starts to turn golden brown.  (remember you want them slightly undercooked, but not too doughy.)

4. Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes. Top with ice cream and enjoy!!

*You will still need a pot holder to eat this after letting it cool, particularly if you use glass dishes like I did! 
These are even easier to make than regular old cookies- I love it! Plus, they're so much more fun to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment